Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Project (2/3 of the way done)

This is my project two thirds of the way done. I'm working on the middle part now and I will post it when it is done. In the mean time though, can you guys just give me some feedback on this. I would really appreciate it. :) Thanks

Part 2
  • The first plot that I observed in Central Park, right next to the Delacorte Theater. The are was very grassy, and had many trees. There weren’t very many animals in the plot. There were mostly dogs and people, which I couldn’t use, unfortunately. I was still able to get a good amount of information because there were some invertebrates crawling around in the grass and flying through the air next to the plot.
  • The second plot that I observed was really a transect. It consisted of about 3 blocks of a consistent sidewalk. Most of the pictures that I was able to take were of concrete, or, the rare times that I got lucky, it was a patch of grass with a bush or a tree. This transect of data made me pretty upset because most of the areas that I looked at had no living organisms on or in them, besides trees or leaves, of course.
  • The link below will direct you to an article by K. Tzoulas and P. James about the link between human well being, social and economical, and urban biodiversity:
http://bit.ly/t9guUp



No comments:

Post a Comment