Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Project (1/3 of the way done)

This is my project one third of the way done. I'm working on the middle part now and I will post it when it is done. In the mean time though, can you guys just give me some feedback on this. I would really appreciate it. :) Thanks


Part 1

  • Biodiversity is the variety of life on Earth, at all it’s levels, from genes to ecosystems, from genes to ecosystems, and the ecological and evolutionary processes that sustain it. [It] should be a very big thing in our lives today, especially because there are so many species in the world getting punished as an effect of our unsanitary and uncaring human ways. (pollution, etc.) The things that we do on this Earth affect, not only us, but everyone and everything around us. Another thing that we should care about is urban ecology. Urban ecology is the interaction between organisms in an urbanized community and their interaction with the community that they live in. The things that we do to the Earth are destroying these communities and environments that they live in. If all of the animals die off, then the food chain will be very much altered. We eat the animals that eat other animals, but if all the animals are dead, we will have to convert to cannibalism, which would be a very bad thing.
  • There were many different projects that I could have chosen, but I decided to choose the Urban Biodiversity Network project. I’ve always been interested in biodiversity and things like that having to do with the Earth and our environment. I was hooked, though, when I found out that we’d be using phones and computers. I love the idea of incorporating modern technology into science because science can sometimes be boring, but using technology with science always makes it more fun and more interesting.
  • The link below will direct you you to an article about urban biodiversity and urban ecology by J. Niemelä:
  • http://bit.ly/patO0v











No comments:

Post a Comment